Monday, December 3, 2012

Off the grid or Plugged in


In my English 100 class we discussed the topic of living off the grid or plugged in.  I may live off the grid in some ways, such as not having a Facebook, but I am still plugged into society.  I live with technology like an IPod and Computer.  Most people in our society live plugged in.  I believe living plugged in is taking part in anything in mainstream society.   Many people believe they could live a life off the grid, without their technology but they couldn’t go a minute without their cell phone or IPod.   I think living off the grid is an interesting Ideal, but I think it is difficult in today’s society.  People who try to live off the sometimes fail because in today’s society it might require giving up your possessions and living in the wilderness.  I believe there are ways to live somewhat off the grid as well as plugged in.   There are ways to be self-sufficient as well as taking part in society. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Today people are addicted to their technology. I know I feel secure when I know my phone is by my side, but I see people who are constantly on it and aren't aware of their surroundings. I feel like with the advancement of technology it will be almost impossible to completley go off the grid because of this generations new addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you bro. People rely way too much on their tech devices. I use the because they are necessary but would do just fine without them. I would just write my family members once a week to let them know I'm okay, out just visit them. I live of the grid as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete